or Treat Bags
Halloween is just
around the corner and all of these little ghosts and goblins will need
something to collect their treats in. Here are several ideas for Trick or Treat bags.
Wool Felt in Miscellaneous
Heat n Bond
Ribbon or Rick Rack
Iron and Ironing
Sewing Machine and
- Cut two pieces of felt 11” wide x 14”
- Iron adhesive (Heat n Bond) to the back of the
black felt. Cut out two triangles and one toothy mouth. Arrange them on the front of the
orange felt. Note: the top of the bag will fold down so place the design
lower than center.
- Iron the appliqué pieces to the felt. Use pressing paper to protect the
felt. Optional: At this
point you can blanket stitch around the appliqué pieces either by hand
or by machine.
- Turn the felt pieces right sides together and
sew around three sides of the bag.
- Open the corners of the bag to form a
triangle. Mark the corner so the widest part of the triangle is 3”
wide. Repeat this on the other side.
- Stitch both corners at the drawn line.
- Turn the bag right sides out. Lay the bag on the ironing board and
press the corners of the bag.
- Top stitch the four corners of the bag that
you just pressed.
- Optional: Turn
the bag wrong sides out and stitch ribbon or rick
rack to the top section of the bag.
This will fold down and decorate the top of the bag.
- Cut four 1” x 12” strips of
felt. Stack two strips on top of
each other and stitch around them with about ¼” seam
- Fold the top of the bag down about 1 ½”. Pin the handles to the top of the
bag. Add a button at the base of
each handle and hand or machine stitch them in
Use your imagination
to create other designs such as the ghost, spider web, or goblin.
Return to Projects