The new school year is approaching quickly and the kids are beginning to fill their backpacks with school supplies once again. Here is a quick and easy project to get them excited about the new school year. Have them spend a few minutes (or hours) creating customized backpack tags.
laminating luggage tags
Bright colored card stock
Decorative paper scissors
Rub-On words or alphabet letters
Double stick tape runner
1. Cut cardstock paper into pieces that are 3 3/4" x 2 1/4".
2. Decorate the front and back of the cardstock pieces with stickers and paper embellishments.
3. Place the decorated paper into the luggage tag and peel the paper off the adhesive side of the tag. Press the top and bottom laminate sheets together and smooth and seal the edges.
4. Loop the plastic hanger through the top of the tag. Tie a ribbon bow at the top of the tag.
5. Attach the tag to the backpack.
Copyright © 2004 Deborah Spofford Designs